Data Controller: Tracey Beveridge
Thurso Business Park
AMTE Power Ltd, AGM Batteries Ltd and other subsidiary companies within the group are committed to all aspects of data protection and takes seriously its duties, under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (in force from 25th May 2018).
This policy sets out how the organisation deals with your personal data we have collected, or you have provided directly to us.
Data Protection Officer
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU GDPR 2018, Tracey Beveridge, AGM Batteries Ltd, Denchi House, Thurso Business Park, Thurso Caithness, KW14 7XW, is the organisations Data Protection Officer and is responsible for the implementation of this policy. If you have any questions about data protection in general, this policy or their obligations under it, they should direct them to Tracey Beveridge, DPO firstname.lastname@example.org
What Information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our products or purchase goods and services from us or we purchase goods and/or services from your company. The personal data we process includes:
- Your name
- Your home or work address, email address and/or phone number
- Your job title
- Your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses, if you purchase goods from us or supply goods or services to AMTE Power Ltd and its subsidiary companies.
- Information related to the browser or device you use to access our websites
- Any other information you provide
How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process the personal data from the above list for the following purposes:
- As required to establish and fulfil a contract with you, for example, if you enter into an agreement with us to provide or receive services or make a purchase from us. This may include verifying your identity, taking or making payments, communicating with you, arranging the delivery or receipt of provision of products or services. We require this information to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it.
- To comply with applicable law and regulation
- To protect AMTE Power Ltd, AGM Batteries Ltd and other subsidiary companies within the group, legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes
- To allow you to participate in conversations with our company
- To provide you with information about AMTE Power Ltd, AGM Batteries Ltd and other subsidiary companies within the group, products and services that you may have requested
- To complete any transactions, you are undertaking with AMTE Power Ltd, AGM Batteries Ltd and other subsidiary companies within the group or any transactions we are undertaking with your company.
- To notify you about changes to our service and to send you emails relating to your enquiry
- To manage and operate your correspondence/account with us and any account we may have with your company
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information in connection with the purposes described above within AMTE Power Ltd, AGM Batteries Ltd and subsidiary companies within the group, and with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Business partners, other suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
We may also share your personal information with third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, along with its professional advisers. If the AMTE Power Ltd, AGM Batteries Ltd or any subsidiary company within the group, sells substantially all of its assets to a third party, personal information held by it about its customers and suppliers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If required to obtain professional advice
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We also have a statutory requirement to retain certain information for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements. We will also hold personal information in the event of any disputes, to prevent fraud or abuse and enforce our terms and conditions.
If you are a customer of AMTE Power Ltd, AGM Batteries Ltd or any other subsidiary companies within the group, we will hold your information for the duration of the contractual relationship you have with us and for a period of 24 months after the end of the contractual relationship or for the duration specified in any Non-Disclosure agreements held between both parties.
If you are a supplier to AMTE Power Ltd, AGM Batteries Ltd or other subsidiary companies within the group, we will hold your information for as long as you continue to supply goods or services to us and for a period of 24 months after the provision of said goods and services has ceased.
If you are a prospective customer and you have expressly consented to being contacted by AMTE Power Ltd, AGM Batteries Ltd or other subsidiary companies within the group, we will retain your information until:
- You request us to cease communicating with you
- While you are interacting with us
- For 12 months after the last communication between all parties
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct it.
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at the following email address: email@example.com or in writing to Tracey Beveridge DPO, AGM Batteries Ltd, Denchi House, Thurso Business Park, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 7XW
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access personal information held about you by AMTE Power Ltd, AGM Batteries Ltd and other subsidiary companies within the group. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We will endeavour to provide you with any information you request under the GDPR. Duplicates may incur charges to cover the cost of duplication of any duplicate information requested.
Should you have any further queries regarding AMTE Power Ltd, AGM Batteries Ltd or any other subsidiary company within the group’s data protection policies and procedures please contact Tracey Beveridge DPO firstname.lastname@example.org