JOB VACANCIES – CAD Technician
AGM Batteries Ltd is an established business, based in Thurso Caithness, with a mission to scale-up innovative new lithium and sodium ion cell technologies to volume manufacture. Working with existing and new clients and partners, AGM are involved in a number of prestigious projects within the automotive and stationary energy storage sectors.
Our workforce has tripled since 2016 and due to ongoing expansion we are looking for enthusiastic, driven and energetic individuals for a number of key roles. Currently we have a requirement for a CAD Technician to join our Engineering team reporting to the Chief Engineer. Primary responsibilities include
- Prepare drawings for production team including for novel cells, jigs, fixtures & fittings
- Support new and exists Engineering and Product Design projects
- Maintain drawing register as per company policies and procedures
- Interface with external customers, suppliers and partners
- Provide CAD engineering support and assistance to Production Team
- Provide CAD Engineering support to the Commercial Team on Bids and Quotations
- Support the Management team with customer, contractor and site visits as required
- Assist by providing CAD drawings for Engineering or Product Design reports
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as well as legislative requirements including Health and Safety
Experience in the following would be advantageous
- Working in a Manufacturing and/or Engineering Design environment
- Proficient in one of main CAD packages (Solidworks, Pro-E, AutoCAD, Inventor)
- Experienced in using MS Office packages including Microsoft Word, Excel
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to problem solve and “can do” attitude
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work load
- Team player.
- Flexible. Flexibility within the AGM Team is essential and the duties entailed in this job description are not exhaustive. You may be required to undertake additional or other duties deemed reasonable and necessary to meet the needs of the business.
AGM Batteries Ltd offer 25 days holiday per year plus 8 statutory holidays, company pension and an opportunity to share in its success through a company share scheme.
Please send CV with covering letter to Tracey Beveridge Group HR Manager, AGM Batteries Ltd, Denchi House, Thurso Business Park, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 7XW email@example.com
Closing date for applicants Friday 26th July 2019