JOB VACANCIES – Electrochemist
AGM Batteries Ltd is an established business based in Thurso Caithness, who work with clients and partners to scale new battery technologies through to manufacture. AGM are involved in several prestigious projects in various sectors including automotive and energy storage.
Due to securing further major projects we have a requirement for an Electrochemist to join our existing team.
The ideal candidate should be qualified to minimum Degree level in Chemistry or other related fields, with some specialisation in electrochemistry preferred. Having experience in electrochemical engineering and a knowledge of energy storage systems such as Lithium-ion and Sodium-ion would also be advantageous.
• Experience in product testing, product and process development
• Knowledge of electro-chemical energy storage characterisation theory and techniques
• Knowledge of application testing and quality control testing of materials
• Production of chemical/electrochemical performance reports
• Handling of large data sets and generation of high quality reports
• Production and control of Quality Control documentation
• Experience in processing battery materials into electrodes, assessing their performance electrochemically and characterisation of cell performance, degradation and ageing would be beneficial but not essential as training can be provided.
• Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
• Be self-motivated and plan own schedules
• Interact with Academia
• Provide written and verbal reports
• Computer literate
• Excellent written and verbal skills are a pre-requisite
AGM Batteries Ltd offer 25 days holiday per year plus 8 statutory holidays, company pension and an opportunity to share in its success through a company share scheme.
Please send CV with covering letter to Tracey Beveridge, Group HR and Office Manager, AGM Batteries Ltd, Denchi House, Thurso Business Park, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 7XW firstname.lastname@example.org
We have been updating our privacy and recruitment policy. Please click on the link below to find out more information on how AGM Batteries process Personal Identifiable Information during the recruitment process.