JOB VACANCIES – FINANCE CONTROLLER
AGM Batteries Ltd is an established business, based in London and Thurso Caithness, who work with clients and partners to scale new battery technologies through to manufacture. AGM are involved in several prestigious projects in various sectors of automotive and energy storage.
AGM Batteries is looking to recruit a qualified accountant to step into a newly created role of finance controller based in our Thurso Office
The role requires the successful candidate to work closely with both the CFO and the Plant Manager, building strong relationships across the business and delivering a range of timely reports and analysis for various decision makers within the business.
As the finance controller of the Company you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Management of the finance function on a day-to-day basis and overseeing the finance team
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Preparation of Monthly Consolidated P&L and Balance Sheets
- Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Overseeing the preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Liaising closely with the project teams to ensure strong financial controls are in place
- Working on bespoke projects in conjunction with CFO, including overhaul of the accounting manual and the integration of a new ERP system
We are looking for candidates with experience and qualifications in a significant proportion of the following areas:
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified,
- Experience in a similar position, or appropriate experience working closely with a finance controller / finance director / head of finance,
- A background in manufacturing and/or engineering,
- Knowledge of finance accounting budgeting and forecasts,
- Preparation of statutory accounts,
- Strong management skills, and experience in developing relationships across a business,
- Strong excel and system skills, ideally with previous experience working with SAGE and Xero
AGM Batteries offer flexible working hours, 25 days annual leave plus 8 statutory holidays, company pension and an opportunity to share in the company’s success through a company share scheme.
Please send CV with covering letter to Tracey Beveridge, Group HR and Office Manager, AGM Batteries Ltd, Denchi House, Thurso Business Park, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 7XW firstname.lastname@example.org
We have been updating our privacy and recruitment policy. Please click on the link below to find out more information on how AGM Batteries process Personal Identifiable Information during the recruitment process.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 12th April 2019