JOB VACANCIES – Mechanical Technician
AGM Batteries Ltd is an established business, based in Thurso Caithness, with a mission to scale-up innovative new lithium and sodium ion cell technologies to volume manufacture. Working with existing and new clients and partners, AGM are involved in a number of prestigious projects within the automotive and stationary energy storage sectors.
Our workforce has tripled since 2016 and due to ongoing expansion we are looking for enthusiastic, driven and energetic individuals for a number of key roles. Currently have a requirement for a Mechanical Technician to join our Engineering team reporting to the Chief Engineer. The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for the development of new and innovative processes and techniques for Li-ion and supercapacitor cells within AGM. They will also support the Prototyping and Production team undertaking coating, calendaring and the Dry room activities.
- Develop production equipment, tools and techniques in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operation procedures.
- Build subassemblies or final assemblies to set procedures.
- Operate machine tools including; lathes and milling machines.
- Test products or subassemblies for functionality and quality.
- Prepare and assemble materials for prototyping and production.
- Assist with NPI (New Product Introductions).
- Assist with production of pouch cells within the dry room as and when required.
- Assist with housekeeping and general cleaning.
- Assist with routine maintenance and cleaning of all production equipment.
- Develop, build and test prototypes or new products, processes and procedures.
- Production of Risk and COSSH assessments
- Report writing, record keeping
Experience in the following would be advantageous
- Working in a Manufacturing and/or Product Development environment
- Experienced in using MS Office packages including Microsoft Word, Excel
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to problem solve and “can do” attitude
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work load
- Team player.
- Flexible. Flexibility within the AGM Team is essential and the duties entailed in this job description are not exhaustive. You may be required to undertake additional or other duties deemed reasonable and necessary to meet the needs of the business.
AGM Batteries Ltd offer 25 days holiday per year plus 8 statutory holidays, company pension and an opportunity to share in its success through a company share scheme.
Please send CV with covering letter to Tracey Beveridge Group HR Manager, AGM Batteries Ltd, Denchi House, Thurso Business Park, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 7XW email@example.com
Closing date for applicants Friday 26thJuly 2019