JOB VACANCIES – Project Engineer
AGM Batteries Ltd is an established business, based in Thurso Caithness, with a mission to scale-up innovative new lithium and sodium ion cell technologies to volume manufacture. Working with existing and new clients and partners, AGM are involved in a number of prestigious projects within the automotive and stationary energy storage sectors.
Our workforce has tripled since 2016 and due to ongoing expansion we are looking for enthusiastic, driven and energetic individuals for a number of key roles. Currently have a requirement for a Project Engineer to join our Engineering team reporting to the Chief Engineer. The Project Engineer will develop project technical scope, deliverables and budget with the support of the Project Manager and lead the technical delivery co-ordinating the activities of the project team and resolving problems. Primary responsibilities include
- Provide technical lead to one or more project managers on multiple projects
- Develop project objectives and goals with the assistance of the project manager
- Prepare project cost estimates and establish budget requirements
- Develop realistic project timelines
- Develop production processes.
- Study product design and establish customer requirements and performance standards
- Complete project technical studies and prepare reports
- Interact with clients interpreting their requirements and represent them in the field
- Provide assistance and technical support to team members working on the project
- Ensure project reports generated are numbered, peer reviewed and stored appropriately maintaining engineering records
- Identify any process improvements and implement
- Sign off and complete work in line with Instructions to time and quality
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as well as legislative requirements including Health and Safety
- Ensure appropriate use of PPE
- Support the management team with customer, contractor and site visits as required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve engineering challenges
Experience in the following would be advantageous
- Working in a Manufacturing and/or Engineering Design environment
- Experience of leading technical delivery on projects
- Experienced in using MS Office packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to problem solve and “can do” attitude
- Highly innovative and hard working
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work load
- Team player.
- Flexible. Flexibility within the AGM Team is essential and the duties entailed in this job description are not exhaustive. You may be required to undertake additional or other duties deemed reasonable and necessary to meet the needs of the business.
AGM Batteries Ltd offer 25 days holiday per year plus 8 statutory holidays, company pension and an opportunity to share in its success through a company share scheme.
Please send CV with covering letter to Tracey Beveridge Group HR Manager, AGM Batteries Ltd, Denchi House, Thurso Business Park, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 7XW email@example.com
Closing date for applicants Friday 26thJuly 2019